TPHS holds monthly meetings during the academic year with invited speakers. The Society holds regular monthly meetings, an annual banquet and a summer picnic. It has a membership of about 120 individuals. It welcomes members from anywhere in the world.
Organization details and membership information is available below for your information Every three years it has mounted a symposium on the history of photography. These 14 past PhotoHistory meetings have attracted speakers and attendees from many museums and collections of photographica from around the world.
|What are the Society’s activities?
- TPHS holds monthly meetings, except for the months of
July, August and December.
Guests are always welcome.
- Meetings are held on the third Thursday of each month
starting at 7:30 pm.
- Most meetings include a speaker who addresses the
some topic of historical interest.
- Members and guests are encouraged to bring their
treasures to meetings for
- Monthly meeting notices are e-mailed to the
- TPHS holds the world-renowned PhotoHistory
Symposiums; the last one was held in October 2009.
For a free 6 month trial membership
contact Marian Early, Secretary/Treasurer, requesting a trial
membership and sending her the details mentioned below at The
Photographic Historical Society’s E-mail address which is: TPHS@rochester.rr.com
Or, to immediately become a regular member send the
following information along with a cheque for the appropriate amount
to: TPHS, P.O. Box 10342, Rochester, NY 14610 USA
City, State, ZIP (or Country for international members)
Major area(s) of interest (Cameras, Images, etc.)
- 6 month trial membership (free)
- Individual Membership ($20/yr)
- Family Membership ($30/yr)
Contact The Photographic Historical Society to communicate directly with the Society officers.